How to Automatically Backup Your Pictures on Android using Gabriel
This guide assumes you have already registered a Secure Domain Name (SDN) and you have downloaded and installed the Gabriel application on 2 devices, 1 android and 1 other device.
FIRST: Create or Edit a Share mapped to your camera
On your android device, create a share or edit the “Pictures” folder to point to the location the camera saves pictures.
- Go to the “Share” app and then go to “My Files”, and then “Local File”.
- Press the “actions” button next to the “Pictures” folder
- Remove any unwanted readers from the “Read Access” field.
- Expand the “Write Access & Options” section
- Look for the “Folder Path” field and press the “Browse” button (magnifying glass button)
- Press “Up” a few times until you see the “Camera” folder or the “DCIM” folder
- Press “Choose” to the right of that folder.
- After it’s saved, open on the pictures folder to verify it was the right directory. You should see your photos.
NEXT: Configure a automatic backup of the Pictures folder to another device
- Go back into the actions menu for Pictures (Press the “actions” button next to the “Pictures” folder)
- Choose “Sync Options”
- Press the “New Automatic Sync” button
- Select the destination (example “My Homepc”)
- Press “Choose” next to the folder you want to backup to.
NOTE: Verify Read Access
On your android device and the destination device make sure to remove any unwanted readers to prevent other users from seeing your photos.